Thursday, November 4, 2010

LED Lights

I have been keeping aquariums since 1990 and over the years I have seen many new gadgets come  and go..  The newest thing to catch my eye is LED lighting.  I have heard they are more energy efficient than Metal Halides and the bulbs last 10 years.  Wow!  My only questions is can you keep SPS corals successfully with them and are they ever going to go down in price?  I will be blogging my research on LEDs and also my own personal testing of the lights when/if I decide to purchase them.

1 comment:

  1. Through my online store, Nemo Marine Systems, I have sold a large number of AquaIllumination LEDs and without exception, every customer is blown away at the quality, intensity and most importantly, the healthy response by the corals. I have one customer who propagates SPS for sale to aquarium shops and he bought 6 AquaIllumination LED modules. To be clear the "look" of the light is different from metal halide, i.e., the refractions are there but not as pronounced and the light is more directional. Again, I cannot recommend them highly enough, and to repeat, every customer I have sold them to has had their expectations exceeded.

    ReplyDelete